Under Florida law, a business tort occurs when the intentional, unlawful conduct of an individual or other entity causes financial harm to your own. Whether it is a competitor, vendor, business partner, fiduciary, or other tortfeasor, there may be considerable harm to you or your business. Fortunately, state law provides various options for redress.
Our lawyers at Clearwater Business Law have in-depth knowledge of the laws regarding business torts and extensive experience in this type of litigation. Please call our office to set up a consultation to learn more about your legal options. We can also tell you more about how a Clearwater business torts attorney will be your most valuable asset in going after others for misconduct.
Comprehensive Legal Services in All Types of Business Disputes
Our lawyers at Clearwater Business Law are knowledgeable in all federal, state, and local laws regarding business torts and disputes. Plus, our attorneys have significant litigation experience, which is essential regardless of whether you are seeking enforcement of your company’s rights or pursuing its interests. We can provide solid advice on your options and legal remedies in connection with:
- Breach of trust by company directors, officers, and fiduciaries;
- Breach of contract and contractual disputes;
- Fraud, embezzlement, and similar unlawful business practices;
- Tortious interference with contract by third parties;
- Violations of restrictive covenants by former employees, such as confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure clauses, and non-competition contracts.
- Civil violations of the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act, also known as RICO;
- Whistleblower cases and cases under the Federal False Claims Act;
- Unfair trade practices
- Protection of your company’s intellectual property, copyrights, and other confidential information;
- Trademark infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets; and,
- Many other types of business disputes and litigation.
Fighting for Your Company’s Interests in Business Torts
At Clearwater Business Law, we share your goal to resolve business torts quickly, efficiently, and with as little disruption as possible in company operations. We realize every case is unique, so we develop a customized legal strategy based upon your needs and objectives. Some initial options for addressing business torts may include alternative dispute resolution, mediation, or arbitration. However, we will take the matter to court if necessary to protect your company’s interests.
Litigation involving business torts can often be complex, especially since wrongdoers do all they can to hide their unlawful conduct. Therefore, it is critical to retain a law firm that focuses on these types of cases. Our attorneys represent Florida businesses at all phases of litigation, including initial investigations, preparation of pleadings, motion practice, discovery, depositions, and other pre-trial tasks.
Contact a Clearwater Business Torts Attorney to Review Your Legal Remedies
If you suspect that your company is suffering due to any type of misconduct, time is of the essence in addressing the situation. It is crucial to consult with a business torts lawyer right away so you can prevent future losses. We here at Clearwater Business Law will protect your company’s interests and work toward a cost-effective, practical resolution that minimizes business disruption. Please call (727) 785-5100 to schedule a consultation regarding your circumstances. We can review your situation and explain your legal remedies.