TAMPA BUSINESS LAW ATTORNEY
We Provide Solutions-Driven Legal Representation to Small and Mid-Sized Businesses in Tampa, FL
At Clearwater Business Law, our Tampa business law attorney is committed to providing reliable, solutions-driven, and cost-effective legal services to small and mid-sized companies. If you have any specific concerns about a business law matter, we are here as a legal resource. To set up a fully confidential, no-obligation initial consultation with a top Tampa business lawyer, please call us at (727) 785-5100 or contact us directly online.
We Provide a Full Range of Business Law Services in Tampa, Florida
Clearwater Business Law offers a comprehensive range of business law services designed to meet the unique needs of small and mid-sized companies. We are devoted to providing personalized and high-quality legal representation in a variety of practice areas. Our Tampa business lawyer puts in the time, resources, and attention to detail to handle your case the right way. Along with other types of business law matters, we help clients in Tampa with:
- Business Formation: A business in Tampa needs the right legal structure to thrive. We have extensive experience advising clients with entity selection and business formation. Along with other types of business forms, our law firm has experience with LLCs, partnerships, S-Corps, and C-Corps. We can draft and review operating agreements, bylaws, and shareholder agreements, obtain federal and state tax identification numbers, and file the necessary state and local permits and licenses.
- Business Dissolution: Even the best of businesses may have an expiration date. Our Tampa business lawyer has deep experience helping clients with business dissolution. Among other things, our Tampa business law team advises clients on the proper steps and procedures for dissolving a business entity, assists clients with filing necessary dissolution documents with the state, and helps our clients with winding down operations. If you have any questions about business dissolution, please do not hesitate to contact us for help.
- Contract Law: Contracts form the foundation of modern commercial relationships. All businesses in Tampa need the right contracts in place. Our Tampa, FL business lawyer has experience with the drafting and reviewing of a wide array of contracts, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of business contracts, including vendor and supplier agreements, employment and independent contractor agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, licensing and franchise agreements, and lease agreements and other real estate contracts.
- Construction Law Matters: Our practice in Tampa, Florida, offers seasoned legal counsel in the complex field of construction law. Whether you are a developer, contractor, subcontractor, or property owner, we ensure your rights are protected and liabilities mitigated. From contract drafting and negotiation to project consultation, lien law, and dispute resolution, our knowledge covers every aspect of construction law. We provide a strong defense in construction defect claims and assist in resolving issues concerning project delays, cost overruns, or licensing matters. Our proactive approach aids in managing risk, streamlining processes, and fostering an environment conducive to successful project completion. To learn more, please contact our Tampa construction law attorney today.
- Business Torts: Business torts are complicated. Our Tampa business lawyer helps clients with a comprehensive range of business tort cases in Florida, including fraud and material misrepresentations, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with business relationships or contracts, and unfair competition and trade secret violations. Contact us today for more information about your business tort case.
- Collection Matters: Recovering debt can be a challenging process, but our firm is well-versed in collection law. We represent both creditors and debtors in Tampa, providing effective strategies for debt collection and recovery, creditor’s rights enforcement, and bankruptcy procedures. Our team employs a systematic and ethical approach to collections, ensuring all activities are compliant with state and federal laws. We aim to streamline the collection process, recover your assets efficiently, and resolve any disputes swiftly, minimizing the disruption to your business operations. To set up a confidential consultation with a Tampa, FL collection lawyer, please contact us today.
- Employment Law: Our Tampa attorney helps small and mid-sized companies with all types of employment law matters, including counseling on compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, drafting and reviewing employee handbooks, policies, and procedures, and representing employers in disputes with employees, including wrongful termination claims.
- Partnership Disputes: Are you locked in a partnership dispute in Tampa? We are more than ready to help. Our Tampa business lawyer has experience with advising on the resolution of partnership disputes, including breaches of fiduciary duty and disagreements over business decisions, negotiating and drafting partnership agreements and amendments, mediating and facilitating settlement discussions between partners, and the representation of clients in partnership litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- Shareholder Disputes: Shareholder law is complicated. Our Tampa, FL business law attorney advises clients with a comprehensive range of shareholder law matters, including counseling clients in disputes involving minority shareholder rights, dividend payments, and corporate governance issues, negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements to address and prevent disputes, and representing clients in derivative actions and other shareholder litigation. Locked in a shareholder dispute in Tampa? Contact our Hillsborough County business law attorney today for immediate assistance.
- Commercial Litigation: A business dispute is complicated. If you or your company is locked in any type of commercial dispute, it is imperative that you have a strong and focused Tampa business litigation attorney on your side. Our firm has experience with a wide variety of commercial disputes, including contract disputes, business torts, employment disputes, intellectual property disputes, and business real estate matters. We specialize in advising small- and mid-sized businesses. To set up a fully confidential consultation with a top-rated Tampa business litigation attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
- Breach of Contract Cases: Contracts form the backbone of most modern business transactions. When they are breached, it can have serious adverse implications for the non-breaching party. Our lawyers in Tampa are experts in handling such breach of contract cases. We help our clients understand the nuances of the breach, assess potential damages, and strategize the most appropriate response. We believe in vigorous defense or prosecution, as the case may be, to protect our client’s business interests. Whether the breach involves payment disputes, service delivery, or confidentiality agreements, our legal team ensures that your contractual rights are upheld and enforced. For help from a top Tampa breach of contract lawyer, please contact our legal team today.
- Business Mediation: Disputes are almost inevitable in the world of business. Of course, a dispute does not always mean lengthy litigation. A drawn-out lawsuit can drain resources and harm reputations. This is where our Tampa business mediation services step in. Our attorney is a skilled mediator—with a focus on facilitating negotiations between disputing parties to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution. We provide a neutral, confidential environment to discuss issues, explore options, and foster consensus. Contact our business law team today to set up a fully confidential initial consultation with a certified circuit civil mediator.
Our Tampa Business Law Attorney has Experience With All Types of Companies
As an experienced business law attorney service Tampa, Andrew J. Mongelluzzi has the professional skills and legal expertise to assist clients who own and operate the full range of businesses. Along with other types of companies, our Tampa business lawyer has experience with:
- Sole Proprietorships; Our Tampa business attorney adeptly guides sole proprietors through a broad range of legal matters—from business formation to compliance with state/local/federal regulations to the drafting and review of contracts. As the most straightforward business entity, sole proprietorships have unique needs and challenges.
- Partnerships: We work with all types of partnerships in Florida, including general partnerships (GPs), limited partnerships (LPs), and limited liability partnerships (LLPs). Our Tampa business lawyer has experience with drafting partnership agreements, advising on partner rights and duties, and resolving disputes.
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs): An LLC combines some of the advantages of a partnership and a corporation. It may be the best option for your Tampa business. For LLCs, we offer comprehensive legal counsel in the areas of formation, operational compliance, and drafting of operating agreements. We understand the importance of safeguarding your limited liability status, and ensuring clear delineation between personal and business assets. Whether it’s advising on day-to-day operations or navigating complex business transactions
- S Corporations: Do you own and/or operate an S corporation in Tampa? Our business lawyer assists clients in leveraging the tax advantages of S Corporations while adhering to the strict IRS regulations. We handle the full range of business law matters for S corps—from filing the necessary paperwork to maintaining eligibility status.
- C Corporations: For clients operating C Corporations, we provide expert guidance on the legal and regulatory landscape. Among other things, our Tampa business law attorney has experience with matters of incorporation, corporate governance, bylaws, shareholder agreements, and fiduciary responsibilities. We ensure that your corporate entity complies with Florida’s corporate laws and any applicable federal regulations.
Even a Great Business in Tampa, FL May Come to an End
Businesses are dynamic. There may be a time when a company—even a great company—has to go through a serious transition period or even come to an end. Our Tampa, FL business lawyer helps clients navigate all aspects of business divorce, business dissolution, buyouts, and any related issues. Here are some key issues to consider:
- An Overview of Business Divorce: A business divorce is the process of legally separating one or more owners from a company. It is often complex, emotionally challenging, and financially consequential. Our Tampa attorney has extensive experience guiding businesses through this process.
- What is a Business Dissolution? Business dissolution refers to the official closing of a business, terminating its legal existence. It involves much more than simply ceasing operations. Proper dissolution includes notifying all creditors, settling debts, distributing remaining assets among the owners, and officially filing paperwork with the State of Florida.
- How Do I File a Business Dissolution? The exact process for filing a business dissolution depends on your type of business structure and the regulations of the state of Florida. Typically, it begins with an official agreement by the business owners. Next, you must file the appropriate dissolution documents with the state.
- Do I Need to Sell My Business? You may or may not want to sell your business and/or some of its assets as part of a business divorce or business dissolution. Remember, selling the business is one option for owners looking to move on, but it is not the only route. Depending on your circumstances, you may choose to dissolve the business, pass it on to an heir, or even retain ownership while hiring a management team.
- What Business Forms Do I Need? The necessary forms depend on the specifics of your situation and business structure. For instance, corporations must file Articles of Dissolution, while LLCs need to file a Notice of Dissolution. There may also be necessary tax forms and reports to submit to the IRS and other regulatory bodies.
Businesses and Entrepreneurs Need Reliable, Cost-Effective Legal Representation
In Tampa’s thriving economic environment, entrepreneurs and businesses require reliable and cost-effective legal representation. We are focused on safeguarding the interests of our clients so that they are in the best position to maintain a competitive edge. Navigating complex legal landscapes can be challenging—an experienced attorney can help avoid pitfalls and protect your assets. By partnering with our trusted business law firm, companies in our company can confidently pursue opportunities for growth and success. Clearwater Business Law is devoted to helping small and mid-sized companies manage risk and resolve disputes efficiently.
How Tampa, FL Business Law Attorney Andrew J. Mongelluzzi Can Help
Business law is complicated. You do not have to navigate legal matters alone. Our founder Andrew J. Mongelluzzi, an experienced Business Law Attorney, serves Tampa, Florida. Andrew focuses his practice on business and commercial law with an emphasis on small business dispute resolution and contract law matters. Taking the next appropriate steps will ensure less stress and problems for your business later down the road. Contact our experienced business law attorney to handle your case.
We are fundamentally committed to providing proactive guidance and support to our clients. Among other things, our Tampa business lawyer is prepared to:
- Conduct a comprehensive and confidential review of your case;
- Help you gather all documents, records, and information you need;
- Advise you on your rights and your options;
- Represent you or your business in any settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a personalized strategy to protect your company’s best interests.
Call Business Lawyer, Andrew J. Mongelluzzi for a Fully Confidential Consultation
Call Business Lawyer, Andrew J. Mongelluzzi
The importance of a strong business and partnership for your company lies in your hands today. Clearwater Business Law can help you attend to all of the important details to ensure your business has the best chance for success. Have questions about a business law matter? We are more than ready to help you find the right solution. Give us a call today (727) 877-4904. Our firm provides business law services in Tampa, Hillsborough County, and throughout the surrounding region.
Living in Tampa, Florida
Enjoy the vast amount of animals through Tampa’s variety of aquariums, wildlife parks and museums. When in Tampa, FL you cannot miss out on visiting the Florida Aquarium! You and your family can immerse yourselves with interactive programs and exhibits. The Giraffe Ranch allows guests to participate in feeding time and is a hands-on adventure that no one will forget! Explore the Hillsborough River and discover Florida’s natural wildlife through Canoe Escape’s 16,000-acre wilderness park. Want to view wild game by camelback? Safari Wilderness Ranch is not your average zoo, you will enjoy a natural adventure! Clearwater Business Law is proud to provide legal representation to businesses and entrepreneurs in Tampa and all of Hillsborough County.